Sunday, March 21, 2010

Listening blog 5_ TV: Movie: Diamond are forever


This is a movie to describe about James Bond from Sean Connery. I chose this movie in TV because I want to use the strategies of notice body language or gesture. Although I can' t completely understand what they said in the movie, push me to guest their meaning from their gesture. Moreover, I can' t stop to ask for repetition when it was running in TV live programme.

Source: TVNZ 1 20 March, 2010 at 8.30pm

Strategies:
* knowing vocab.
* notice body language/gesture
* keywords

Evaluation:
I did still keep on writing some new words while I was watching. I used the subtitle function on the TV set. Try to guest their meaning from their gesture first: smuggler, thrilled sake, phony diamond, scrap, bath sub, both chuckle . . . and found from dictionary when its in commercial break in the first few sections. I found out the meaning of those words. In the middle section of the movie, I gave up checking up in the dictionary, and concentrate to the movie, and didn't watch too much in the subtitle, I found more relax to watch and exactly to guest the meaning from the actors and actresses. I think that it's what the exactly guest strategies???

Reflection:
According from last listening blog, I am not good at to do two things at the same time, such as watching and listening. So I need to be more input in this area. From this listening blog, I feel much better but still need to improve as much as I can. Some conversation is too fast to follow, but try to get from their action and expression. Like in the beginning, I didn't know some words: smuggler, thrilled... until check from dictionary. I also learned some phases. It's a good preparation for the coming blog to get interview with people that I need to grasp their keywords, gesture and repetition if I do not understand.

Try to understand in the first time!

There are no second chances in life!!!
Ash to Ash! Dust to Dust!
(From the movie)

No comments:

Post a Comment